Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 28-08-2012 , 04:07 PM
Subscriber

Hard edges, help!

Hi can anyone help me, I have never used harden edges before when modelling but for this model for jason Edwards speeder I am trying to harden these edges, but for the life of me they still remain soft edges, I have tried to research as much as I can, I read somewhere you can check 'Keep hard edges on' in the channel box but I can't see this anywhere. Iam running maya 11.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 28-08-2012 , 04:37 PM
The thin red line
Hard edge is that what the tutorial said to do?...............dave

# 3 28-08-2012 , 05:12 PM
Subscriber
yes he said to harden the edges around the cockpit area, I normally insert edge loops to create harder edges or use the crease tool, but I thought I would do it this way to see if it would improve my workflow, and now am on a mission to find out why its not working

# 4 28-08-2012 , 06:07 PM
Hi,

if you have smoothed by selecting mesh>smooth, you will have the option of "keeping hard edges" in the channel box on the left. But it looks like you are using subdivision preview (activated by pressing "3") which I don't believe respects hard edges.

gubar