Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 08-03-2011 , 02:25 AM
Great stuff Mastone,
I moved away from texturing in zbrush due to the poor resolution quality with creating large texture maps due to polypainting. I find it great for sculpting and the new lightbox feature is killer, although I found even when subdiving a model to the highest level, with really high res pics the fine details would not show up.
Be good to know if you have found a way around this or do you clone the texture onto the model to then tweak in PS.

Cheers,

Leon

# 17 08-03-2011 , 04:11 AM
Lifetime Member
Well man....I have to agree with everyone else mate...this is pretty damn good mastone! Incredible likeness indeed...I knew who it was straight away (despite the spoiler LOL)...hmmm I will be watching this one...

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 18 08-03-2011 , 08:09 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Dom

voldemort yeah he was, but Cinesite is doing him for the last two films....well a fair bit at least....I was there, he appeared right next to me, honest (Dom) lol

J

# 19 08-03-2011 , 05:56 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
@honest: Yes it was a placeholder, but I do think I will use it as a base texture and refine it ( just to see how that works).
@Leonlabyk: Textures in Zbrush are ( imo) a bit funky yes, but there are ways around that, you have to do a couple of testrenders in maya to get a bit of a feel on how it will look and how changes made in Zbrush affect the endresult, I personally don't like lightbox ( if that's the funky browser thingy on the bottom of the screen) , I like spotlight, but that's really buggy ( it keeps crashing on me all the time), I personally prefer Zbrush over mudbox only and purely because of the " feel" of the brush and the way the sliders woprk ( in mudbox it snaps to absolute values way bigger than I want them which results in laying down the wacompen and manually putting in a value) it feels more natural in Zbrush

@Bullet: Thanks man
@Jay: As long as you don't see a green light and a high pitch voice I think you will be okay user added image

# 20 08-03-2011 , 06:51 PM
Soz spotlight was what I meant, forgot the name as I have not used it for about a month as I am now texturing with mudbox. I find zbrush much better in many ways and have simply gone back to mudbox for texturing.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers,

Leon

# 21 08-03-2011 , 07:16 PM
This is cool, do you have a wireframe?

cheers

gubar

# 22 08-03-2011 , 09:19 PM
# 23 08-03-2011 , 10:24 PM
The thin red line
I just do not get on with zbrush texturing with all the thing it has to offer you would think it was great. Mudbox for texturing, does it use layer like photoshop?...........dave

Edit: I do like photoshop but the 3D bit is not that good (could be my graphics card) end of grip

Last edited by daverave; 08-03-2011 at 10:46 PM.
# 24 09-03-2011 , 01:05 PM
Subscriber

I just do not get on with zbrush texturing with all the thing it has to offer you would think it was great. Mudbox for texturing, does it use layer like photoshop?...........dave

Edit: I do like photoshop but the 3D bit is not that good (could be my graphics card) end of grip

mudbox does have layers for painting as well as sculpting. the paint layers can be imported/exported as psd layers so i would say its exactly like photoshop - with one minor difference maybe: the layers only have a opacity setting - cannot be multiplied or anything fanzy as photoshop can.

# 25 09-03-2011 , 01:55 PM
The thin red line
Thanks Duckie, will have a look at mudbox.............dave

# 26 10-03-2011 , 05:59 PM
Good job, really could recognize that guy on first view. Not saying that I watch Harry Potter though! :p

TDW user added image

# 27 10-03-2011 , 07:14 PM

Good job, really could recognize that guy on first view. Not saying that I watch Harry Potter though! :p

TDW user added image

Thanks and you kinda admitted that you watch HP, with the whole recognizing part user added image

# 28 10-03-2011 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
i'm pretty sure he's been on posters and in ads and stuff though, so it's possible to know who he is without watching Harry Potter at all user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 29 10-03-2011 , 09:47 PM

i'm pretty sure he's been on posters and in ads and stuff though, so it's possible to know who he is without watching Harry Potter at all user added image

Yes but if you watch a poster of harry potter ...in a way you watch harry potter and have a certain interest in it... there are a lot of ads with peoples faces I couldn't remember for the life of me , only the ones that take my interest stick user added imageuser added image

# 30 10-03-2011 , 10:51 PM
Lifetime Member
Galaxt Quest?? LOL everyone has seen that havent they...LOL

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes