Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-04-2005 , 09:34 PM
Subscriber

First Spitfire Question

I'm having a problem with the Extrude Face on the wing. Can't see what I'm doing wrong user added image

The resulting Extrude isn't a solid wing:
user added image

# 2 03-04-2005 , 10:54 PM
Look like you have extra faces.. restart the win then go polygons> tool options> keep faces together...

That should fix the problem...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 03-04-2005 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Kurt

BTW: This will be my first Model in Maya . . . . well hopefully complete model that is.

Cheers
Paul

# 4 04-04-2005 , 07:57 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by BMS
Thanks Kurt

BTW: This will be my first Model in Maya . . . . well hopefully complete model that is.

Cheers
Paul

goodluck mate! Im sure it will look great when finished user added image

# 5 04-04-2005 , 08:43 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Kevin,

Good to see someone has faith in me user added image

I'm on the third video and I've just joined the wing. I'm not sure if I've done the right thing or not, but I incorporated the wing profile which the tutorial doesn't. I'm not sure what impact this will have further down user added image

Cheers
Paul

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 01-05-2005 , 08:45 PM
im making the same model. I just connected the wing and turned it into sub-Divisions and where the wing and plane connect im not sure why but its like white. I havent had this problem before, if anyone knows why its doin this please help.

# 7 01-05-2005 , 11:04 PM
Subscriber
Can you post a screen shot?

# 8 02-05-2005 , 12:07 AM
i cant figure out how to post a picture i clicked the img thing but nothing happened.. im on a mac if that means anything

# 9 02-05-2005 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber
I do it the following way:

On the screen where you have the problem:
1. Hold Alt and press PrintScreen on KB (Alt PrintScreen only captures the active window)
2. Open Photoshop and Select New and then Paste
3. Save for Web

Then attach the image to your next post

# 10 02-05-2005 , 12:23 AM
oh my god forget it i cant get it working and it's really making me mad.. so nvm. its probably cause im on a mac