Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-06-2007 , 08:12 PM

Video on a plane problem

Hi everybody
Can anyone tell me why I can't seem to add a video to a poly plane?
After I segmented my video into a sequence of images, I tryed to assign it to a poly plane (with the " use image sequence" box checked in the atribute editor). Even when I slide the timeline I can only see the first frame of the video, even when I render it. It doesent render good also but I'll deal with that later.
When I took the different aproach that I found on this forum... (In the view window...View/Image Plane/ Import image) it works fine, fine but only with the sequence of images not the video .avi file, but thats ok, I have the video segmented.
Anyway my question is:
Whats the difference between theese two planes (the one that I created and the one that Maya creates (with View/Image Plane/ Import image)?
I have to use my plane 'cause its animated. Can I even animate the plane that Maya creates, it doesn't allow use of the tools. Its set as a background and I can only move it with the coordinates in the atribute editor and bring it to front or scale it, but I need a lil' bit more than that :-)

Thx

# 2 26-06-2007 , 02:15 PM
Subscriber
i have a problem with avi video in maya 8.5. when i render, viedo dont play.