Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-10-2007 , 11:21 PM
Subscriber

The Critter

I have created this scenery to showcase my abilities.

Basic modelling in Maya, Sculpted in Zbrush and painted in Photoshop

I will post non darkly images later. so you guys can see the detail. as i sculpted at 3 mill polygons.

As this is the mood i was aiming for.

user added image

Large image 3k pixels 1.5mb

https://aikoworld.com/gallery/images/..._aikoworld.jpg

Critique is very welcome at any aspect! Just let me know what you think i could have done different.

Many thanks.

# 2 28-10-2007 , 10:07 AM
looks great bud only crits are your lighting just something weird with the shadow direction also maybe just work a bit with the colours of the skin it would be great to see him with a really well built up flesh tone so yeah just a thought to play arond a bit more in photoshop on that but the modelling is great youve done a good job well done.

# 3 28-10-2007 , 06:29 PM
Subscriber
Hey thx for your comments indeed the shadow direction is a bit off, pretty hard to get correct, ill have to do some more work there.

Your flesh idea hmm im not into that for this creature, i dont know, are you talking about flesh like in doom? more disgusting ;D

I kinda like the dry skin effect at the moment, but let me know what type of fleshy your talking about user added image

Attached more lighting in a sens to view the details, so dont crit on lighting there user added image

# 4 28-10-2007 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
# 5 01-11-2007 , 03:37 PM
nice model - might be nice to get a bit more variation in the skin colors - just seems a bit bland at the moment.

# 6 01-11-2007 , 04:42 PM
Subscriber
Indeed it is in one color range, thx for the comments ill have to keep this info in mind with my BanQuebe (another 4 legged creature)