Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-01-2007 , 04:18 PM

Another booleans question...

Firstly, sorry if this has been asked already...

My scene contains a large nurb sphere with many smaller spheres scattered on it's surface.

I'm trying to cut holes in my nurb sphere using the smaller spheres with the edit nurbs - booleans - subtraction tool. I activate the tool, select the large sphere, press enter, then select a smaller sphere. This works perfectly if I do 1 at a time. But I would like to know if there is a way to cut multiple holes at once?

The reason I believe there to be a way is because the tool instructions suggest it & I quote:

"NURBS Boolean Subtract Tool: Select one or more NURBS surfaces to form the second object..."

I've tried to group the smallers spheres and select this group as the 2nd object, but I get an error.

Any suggestions would be awesome!!

PS: I've attached a sample image of what im tryin to attchieve if it helps explain....

Attached Thumbnails

"If you think you can or if you think you can't....... you're right!"
- Henry Ford.

KickarZ Studios