Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-09-2010 , 03:30 PM
SM Tea Boy

Upload your resources

You can now upload your work again user added image

Gallery images here

Maya resources here - download

Maya resources here - upload

Still very much in the early stages will be working on it over the next two weeks. Please conciser giving something to the community if you have anything you'd like to share.

I have big plans for this section of the site so stay tuned to this thread for upcoming details.

BTW you can now keep track of the latest uploads via the resources tab on the front page just above where the new forum posts are displayed.

Feedback welcome but bare in mind it's a beta.

Things we will add in the next few days are:
Edit your uploads
Comments on Uploads
Ratings on uploads
Better upload form management
Redesign on a lot of the pages
Fix the upload count so it shows number of authorized uploads and not the total number
More information on each upload (this information is in our database it's just not displayed)
Track uploads
Store favorite upload authors so you can be notified when they add something new

Give it a go we've served about 1.8 million downloads so far, with a few more uploads I'm sure we can make it a cool 2 million by the end of the month.

njoy
Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 11-09-2010 , 04:38 PM
EduSciVis-er
Very cool! I think the community aspect is the strongest part of this site, so it's great that this strength is being built up and extended. Looking forward to the new features and use of this!

# 3 11-09-2010 , 05:32 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by stwert
Very cool! I think the community aspect is the strongest part of this site, so it's great that this strength is being built up and extended. Looking forward to the new features and use of this!

Couldn't of said it any better... totally agree.

# 4 12-09-2010 , 03:11 AM
Lifetime Member
I concur..this is a GREAT community site....keep up the good work Dave.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 12-09-2010 , 08:54 PM
Super Moderator
Ohhh sweet :attn:

- Genny
# 6 13-09-2010 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
<generic fanboy response>

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D