Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 11-08-2010 , 11:34 PM
Subscriber
I've been slowly playing with Vue on and off, nothing complicated. Just feeling my own way around really. This is just a very simple scene I randomly did today and just adjusted all a bit in PS. Easy stuff really... will explore further.

Attached Images
# 47 12-08-2010 , 12:32 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
looks nice but the image size is a bit small care to scale it up a bit or post a link to a high res

# 48 12-08-2010 , 10:47 AM
Subscriber
There is no high res. I rendered the smallest size out of vue. This is only like 320 x 480 or something.

# 49 05-12-2010 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber
I worked on this over the past week. This is the still image, and then I projected it in Maya and did a little comp in AFX and then Nuke - https://vimeo.com/17435673

Attached Thumbnails
# 50 05-12-2010 , 11:26 PM
Hmm, there is something wrong with the water that is falling. It makes no sense to me.

Check the image... See how when the water is falling there is no vegetation behind it. It's just wet rocks.

It's personal opinion but i think those waterfalls are letting your matt down right now. They are just too out from the picture.

Or maybe you should work on the spot where they are start falling. Maybe less vegetation there ? So that the river blow the vegetation away, and the water is falling direct in the sea. Also you should add splash effect where the river water meets the sea water ( don't know the exact word for that ... )

Beside that i love the atmosphere !!!
You are getting better.

user added image

# 51 06-12-2010 , 12:18 PM
Subscriber
ouch. Damn it. You are right.

Good spot, Coldwave.

Cheers.