Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-03-2004 , 08:34 PM

Help!! Maya crashes on start up!

Hello,

Iv been using Maya 5.0 for about 6 months now, and i try and when i started it up yesterday it loaded half of the icons and then i get a "program not responding" error. All i can do is shut the program down.

Iv never had this problem before. Anyone have any ideas with what could be casuing this.

im running windows xp and have a ATI Radeon 9600 128mb graphics card.

thanks alot.

# 2 27-03-2004 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber
I am having a similar problem with maya 5. I start it up, nothing shows on the shelf, i click anywhere in the window and It says NOT RESPONDING.
I have a p4 1.7ghz
768mb ram
radeon 9600 pro 256mb (catalyst drivers 4.3)

# 3 02-04-2004 , 06:13 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like something may have gotten corrupted. Try reinstalling. Couldn't hurt. Make sure you back up any preferences first to save yourself the time of having to redo them all again.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 4 02-04-2004 , 11:29 PM
Video drivers might make the differance.

# 5 03-04-2004 , 05:18 AM
tegmo
Hi,

I had this problem once as well. Didn't have to do a drastic re-install, I simply deleted the user preference file, and Viola! Oh and don't worry, it will automatically make another upon launching maya again.

Goodluck

# 6 03-04-2004 , 04:31 PM
Subscriber
funny thing is that I have tried everything, i rolled back my video drivers about 4 versions, I deleted the preferences folder and i still have the same problem user added image
RIght now 4.5 works for me....so i am using that.