Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-02-2005 , 12:05 AM
Subscriber

any DirectX, openGL, C, C++ programmers here?

Yeah, I'm now getting into C++ programming with openGL. (might do DirectX later) I just wanted to know if any of you had any experience with the languages or API's. I'm having lots of trouble setting up openGL right now. -_- There is little documentation online about how exactly to do it and everyone on programming forums is so vague about everything.

Still though, it would be nice to have a C++ buddy to talk with sometimes about stuff if I could find one.

# 2 16-02-2005 , 10:21 AM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 18-02-2005 , 12:13 AM
Subscriber
kbrown! haven't seen for in forever... good to hear from you. Thanks for the references.

# 4 18-02-2005 , 12:42 AM
Technical Director
Im a C++ Programmer.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 18-02-2005 , 12:03 PM
i've done c++ and openGL with GLUT and iwthout.

What do you need to know? I did it a year and a half a go but I maybe a little rusty but i should be able to help.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 18-02-2005 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber
I have been trying to figure out how to make a map out of tiles and move it around with the arrow keys.

# 7 18-02-2005 , 05:16 PM
shouldnt' be too bad. You should be able to make tiles with 4 GLvertices and then mapping them will be easy you can just specify the UVS no probs. Do you want to move the tiles or move the camera around the tiles?

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB