Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 04-01-2003 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber

Textures in photoshop.. how?

Is there any information available on how the create textures for Maya in Photoshop? Not just simple dirt textures, but more like ramp-textures. For example for eyes, advanced skin etc. ?

# 2 07-01-2003 , 07:29 PM
Subscriber
There doesnt seem to be any replies to this post. Silly question ?

Kühl
# 3 07-01-2003 , 07:37 PM
no, try posting in a section where more people read.....

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win your still retarded.
# 4 07-01-2003 , 07:45 PM
The Maya Mountain
Sorry, didn't see this post.

When I create textures in Photoshop, I usually use photo-reference materials to grab from. For example, if I'm making a character wearing jeans, I'll take my digital camera and snap a pic of a pair of jeans. Then, take that photo into Photoshop, and use it to create a texture of jeans for my 3D character. You can also use the tools in Photoshop to make some pretty cool stuff from scratch. Just a matter of practice. user added image

Good luck!

# 5 07-01-2003 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber
Ok... thanks Mike.

I will start playing around a bit in Photoshop.

Kühl