Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-04-2010 , 08:28 AM
Subscriber

Motion Builder - Where to learn

Where is the best place to learn Motion Builder.

Even one goes on about this program but it has to be the less covered in any tutorials out there. Google searching brings up old dead links or sites not in English. I can find the odd tut but none are any good.

# 2 20-04-2010 , 11:37 AM
Hi Tweety ,

I learnt from the following,

https://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_vid...cc9859e3ca44a0

Pretty good, though the videos are pretty old now.

Its a great programme when you get used to it, especially if your running motion capture data through for clean up and application (or even direct driving)

Make sure that you install the clip art CD for extra resources.

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 20-04-2010 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber
Cool thx - that site was down earlier but seems like its working again.

Thinking of picking up a copy of MB because Autodesk are offering me 30% off as I just forked out for an upgrade to my subscription and always wanted to learn this.

But the copy would be 2011 - but can`t find anything on 2009, 2010 let alone 2011. and as you said those videos are old.

# 4 20-04-2010 , 06:06 PM
Top be honest not much has changed since Version 7 when I started to use it. It's not got rag dol sims and physics in.

I mainly use if for processing mo cap data from our system.

Its a great bit of kit when you get used to the workflow.

If your doing charater animaiton with mocap/blending, it really speeds things up.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle