Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 21-05-2003 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber

Low Profile Armoured Vehicle

Not sure what to call this, it's based on a vehicle from the Aliens movie and will have a gun turret on the top that slides down to the rear.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-05-2003 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber

Low Profile Armoured Vehicel

It's a bit hard to see the edges on the picture so i drew them in so you can see them better.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 21-05-2003 , 11:32 PM
Simply Maya OG
Looks...interesting user added image

- Hybrid
# 4 22-05-2003 , 03:18 AM
cool reminds me of the thing from aliens,

# 5 22-05-2003 , 06:28 AM
Subscriber
i just watched all 3 of those movies with my girl, cause she'd never seen them. Aliens ( #2 ) is my favorite, too bad ripley wrecks that SICK AZZ tank in the first 10 minutes they are on LV426 tho.

Good start, i wanna see more!!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 6 22-05-2003 , 06:47 AM

Originally posted by Vectorman
too bad ripley wrecks that SICK AZZ tank in the first 10 minutes they are on LV426 tho.

Like a true woman. user added image

Aliens is also my favorite, even though the first one has excellent suspense, and started the whole thing, I believe Cameron achieved a tremendous vision with the sequel.
(And I just happen to love that blue shade he uses in almost all his movies)

# 7 22-05-2003 , 04:26 PM
Subscriber
LOL! yah stupid girls, except she is usually an exeption.

"Show me the grenade launcher, i want to know everything""I can handle my self"

blue shade? I don't really know what you mean, is this a post thing, like a skip bleach, or just his lighting concept? I notice all sorts of colors for the different moods in each story.

Sorry bro about turning you're forum into an Aliens chat, but you said you liked it too right? = )

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"

Last edited by Vectorman; 22-05-2003 at 07:38 PM.
# 8 22-05-2003 , 07:02 PM
Subscriber
I don't know if i should give it wheels like in the aliens movie or tracks. What do you think i should do?

Aliens is also my favorite as it has a great ending and the lighting at the end of the first film just gives me a headache.

# 9 22-05-2003 , 07:05 PM
Subscriber

Alien 3

For everyone in the UK Alien 3 is on channel 4 tonight at 10:40pm.

user added image

# 10 22-05-2003 , 07:39 PM
Subscriber
might look more "BAD" with some cool treads, up to you tho, personal preferance.

# 11 22-05-2003 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber
I HATE Windows. I've just spent the last two hours doing the turret when it decides to tell me "Maya application file has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE i lost everthing.
user added image user added image user added image

# 12 23-05-2003 , 03:21 AM
Subscriber
that stinks! sorry man, but i tend to try to look at the positive side, it will be much better and quicker this time = )

# 13 23-05-2003 , 05:55 PM
Subscriber
feel for u man...We've all been there

Stick the incremental save on

Its a Godsend when Windows becomes that evil bastard son of a bitch it can be lol

Either that or just remember to save at regular intervals!

# 14 23-05-2003 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
After that problem with windows I needed a break from the turret so I decided to start the rear lights. Being a newbie (It's my 2nd model apart from cubes without a tutorial) I’ve only ever used directional lights before and not sure what to use. At the moment I’m using a mixture of spotlights and point lights but they seem to light the whole scene (see image below). What would be the best way to solve this problem?

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 23-05-2003 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber
ok, so that image doesn't seem to work. it's a *.PNG so just save it to your hard drive and open it from there. I'll go back to *.JPEG next time.