Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 09-02-2016 , 03:40 PM

Modeling a skeleton/colliders

Hi,

I have a little question about colliders. I'm currently modeling a skeleton, with a seperate sweatshirt.
I want to use nClothe on the sweatshirt.
So I want to make a transparent collider (in form of a body around the skeleton), so the sweatshirt behaves like it is on a normal person (I hope I could explain it good enough, I'm sorry my english is not very good)

But I also want to animate it afterwards, (I'm going to rig it so the bones actually move like bones) so my question is, how do I make a collider for this?

I heard I can make coliders for the different parts of the body (like the upper arm and the lower arm etc.) and then parent them on the fitting joints, but I didn't understand how I can prevent that there will be a hole between the colliders when the rig is deformed (like, when I bend the arm, there is a hole between the lower and upper arm collider)

I would appreciate every help and thank you in advance