Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-05-2005 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber

MY IMAGE PLANE DIMNISHES!!! STRANGE.

Hello everyone. Well am modelling a pistol. And i have applied its texture to a simple polygon plane so that it can act as an image plane.

But my problem is that whenever i try to turn on xray shading, then the image plane tooo becomes transparent. However i just want my object model to go into xray mode and not the image plane. Is there any way for it?

Thanks and waiting for ur reply,
Gautam.

# 2 22-05-2005 , 10:04 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, there is. The reason everything goes transparent is because that is the setting for the X-ray selection. All you have to do is create a new lambert shader and give it some transparency and then apply it to only the objects you want to see through, this way you can mess around with how transparent also.

# 3 23-05-2005 , 09:27 AM
Subscriber
or if you still want to use the x-ray setting just select you image plane and hit Ctrl+D a few times.

# 4 27-05-2005 , 08:28 AM
Subscriber
just a question...why doesnt anyone attach the image planes to the cameras? is it just personal preferences or is there another reason?

# 5 27-05-2005 , 11:37 AM
Subscriber
I think it just allows more freedom with them. But the main reason is becuase when you first try and setup a reference as a newbie it probably seems like the easiest way.

# 6 27-05-2005 , 06:50 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, and I really dont find it very conveinant to use the image plane thing. Seems alot to finicky, and once you move the camera it can screw up the angle.

EDIT: OH, sorry, I was thinking of the 'image plane' option on the panel selection. I hate that thing. But I agree with what cykuk said on the attach thing. It does alow more freedom, like with scaling and moving.