Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-04-2006 , 07:34 AM

Moving texture files with a Maya file

Here is something that has been a problem for me for quite some time, so I am wondering if perhaps someone has an easy solution . .

I do not particularly like to create a seperate, individual directory
for my texture files, I have one huge directory that I keep them ALL in. I use some of them for more than one project, and that way I don't have to go texture hunting so much.

Problem is when I want to upload a project to the web, I then would have to find out were each file is that I need, AND change all the texture paths to meet the path requirements for the new folder I would create to include with the file.

It seems that Maya would have some way of doing this. . . . ??

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 2 17-04-2006 , 03:15 PM
This probably doesn't help much but I've seen a script on one of the 3D sights that does something like this.

In the future you should maybe consider making copies of the textures that you're using on your project and include them in your project folder. That way you can still have your main library plus, you will have easy access to the textures you're using in each project and you won't have to search for them..

# 3 18-04-2006 , 04:16 AM
"In the future you should maybe consider making copies of the textures that you're using on your project and include them in your project folder. "

I am WAYYYYYYYY to lazy :p to do that when I know there has got to be a way to do this . . . . even if I have to write the code myself! user added image

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 4 21-04-2006 , 03:53 PM

# 5 21-04-2006 , 04:11 PM