Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 26-01-2007 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber
Nope it only cost $365 and i dont have an allowance lol. I work for it user added image

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 17 26-01-2007 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by starjsjswars
Cool where do you work tunes?

I`m working for a new company called "AIFX" down in dartford uk. (near London). My boss set up a games company and had 3 smallish hits with them (dont ask me what they were i have no idea) and then was asked if he could do a trailer for someone. He then got the idea of doing a movie.

In sept 06 me and another were hired to make a teck demo of what could be done, and in Nov it blow the intvester away. In march we will be expanding.

heres a vary bad website but it has a copy of the teck-demo on it.

www.andalus.tv

Currently I have mad 8 main characters 5 secondary charaters and 3 background characters with multi body part (so they can look different but only need 1 rig) and created 32 ses of cloths as well as weapons, items people are holding. I dont have to uv map, texture or rig them (thats what the other girl does) so that helps.

Originally posted by starjsjswars
Nope it only cost $365 and i dont have an allowance lol. I work for it user added image

where the hell you getting your maya from ????

Last edited by tweetytunes; 26-01-2007 at 05:29 PM.
# 18 26-01-2007 , 05:32 PM
Think that might be the student licence

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 19 26-01-2007 , 10:56 PM
Haven.t heard of a student license... I've only seen Unlimited, Complete and Personal Learning Edition. So can I get a link, please?

# 20 26-01-2007 , 11:04 PM
Think you might need to get in contact with your reseller to get a price quote, as you need to prove that your either a education establishment (school, college, uni etc) or your a student.

There used to be links to a price, but it was on resellers sites not via alias/autodesk direct.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 21 27-01-2007 , 01:41 AM
Subscriber

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 22 27-01-2007 , 05:03 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by tweetytunes
I`m working for a new company called "AIFX" down in dartford uk. (near London). My boss set up a games company and had 3 smallish hits with them (dont ask me what they were i have no idea) and then was asked if he could do a trailer for someone. He then got the idea of doing a movie.

In sept 06 me and another were hired to make a teck demo of what could be done, and in Nov it blow the intvester away. In march we will be expanding.

www.andalus.tv

Currently I have mad 8 main characters 5 secondary charaters and 3 background characters with multi body part (so they can look different but only need 1 rig) and created 32 ses of cloths as well as weapons, items people are holding. I dont have to uv map, texture or rig them (thats what the other girl does) so that helps.

that quite a lucky turn of events for the company

good jobuser added image

i myself am i maya seven man always was and always will be i dont want all this new crap when im still learning polygonsuser added image :p

# 23 28-01-2007 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber
you and I both I'm still working some really basic projects and those are coming along but coming along slowly at that.

Cannibalism is just a friendly form of population control.
# 24 06-02-2007 , 05:16 PM
I prefer maya 7 I had maya 8 but there wasn't much difference and i really didn't like it for some reason I went back to 7

# 25 13-02-2007 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber
same with cheesly. tried maya 8 didnt like it went back to 7.0. I dont know why they keep making new versions though nowadays with so many plugins out there especially at highend3d.com I dont really see a need for newer versions at this rate.

# 26 14-02-2007 , 01:08 AM
Subscriber
Get a Platinum account at Autodesk and get all the up dates for free and monthly DVD downloads for a full year.

# 27 14-02-2007 , 12:05 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by tweetytunes

www.andalus.tv

I don't suppose you take on gap year students or do apprenticeships? :p I can't find anyone who does!

I have Maya 7 and I think I'm going to stick with it for the next 4 years! I don't think many Universities upgrade their software that frequently, so when I go I'll probably be using version 6 :p