Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-12-2007 , 09:39 AM

les paul

heres another guitar to add to the collection. Made based on my own poor les paul copy ;p

user added image

# 2 24-12-2007 , 12:45 PM
Subscriber
necks bent, couldnt play that one??? user added image

looks great

just using this model as an example.., because its a great model. but I THINK im noticing some 'lens distortion' im not sure.., im wondering if the focal length of the virtual cameras is something to often over looked??

to me the render looks scewed, the neck too short, and bent. this is a camera problem i think??

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 24-12-2007 at 12:49 PM.
# 3 24-12-2007 , 01:13 PM
heres anothr angle, it was a rather artsy perspective shot, mainly to hide any problems the model may have ;p Its always hard to tell when you create them because you know where they are, kinda like if you spill a tiny bit of ketchup on your shirt - It always looks more obvious to you then anone else.

user added image

# 4 24-12-2007 , 01:27 PM
Subscriber
nice work my friend.., where do you see the problems, because i can see a couple but im wondering again.., if its a camera problem.., body looks too thick.., neck too short and wide, where the machine heads are, the head.., looks too small

whats your take user added image

dont worry about the katchup (' tomato source' here) user added image we all get a bit of that on us, i always found trying to hide it makes it worse user added image

# 5 24-12-2007 , 11:25 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
I think its good, but then im not really an exspert on guitars
If it was in a scene i dont think anyone would really notice the tomato sauce

# 6 25-12-2007 , 12:22 AM
Subscriber
its the little things user added image (i got a DVD of a pro doing matt painting and rendering 3D objects into, backward and forward between maya and PH.., and he is zooming into like.., his brush is 2 pixels and this is the first frame of a HD movie clip.., whats that 1800 by 760.., something like that.., incredible detail)

but mate, no doubts about it, its great modeling and a dam good render.., better than me thats for sure user added image

user added image

# 7 29-12-2007 , 03:16 AM
Subscriber
Looks good the neck does look flat? is it? if you have a proper look on your guitar you will notice the fretboard has a radius to it and should be slightly round... (sorry im a guitar teacher as well lol)

Oh and 'You've got red on you...." - Good old shawn of the dead.

# 8 29-12-2007 , 05:02 AM
Subscriber
goes to show.., there are people who are proficient in their field who WILL notice discrepancies.., even if others do not.., worth keeping in mind for all of us

although, IMHO.., the neck here is bent more than flat (I think the camera a needs to be off set to fix the bent perspective).., gibsons do have a rounded fret board.., but no where near that of a fender.

a great render.., looks like mental ray??

Last edited by mirek03; 29-12-2007 at 05:06 AM.
# 9 29-12-2007 , 05:13 AM
âûãëÿäèò íåïëîõî.Òàê äåðæàòü!!

# 10 29-12-2007 , 05:24 AM
Subscriber
another 'new' member.., welcome :attn:

what might we expect from you??

a guitar expert, a web site expert.., or maybe just an expert expert??

I think you are having trouble with your keyboard.., better get that fixed!! might have trouble communicating your ideas if noting is done.., or GET THAT CHILD AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER user added image LOL