Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-01-2003 , 06:50 AM

help!

This is my latest work. The thing that is really bothering me is that it looks so flat that it makes me cry. What is going on?
Can anybody give me a clue on how to give it more depth? Could it be the light position? Depth of field? Anything anyone?

# 2 25-01-2003 , 07:47 AM
Subscriber
Do you mean the fountain or the whole scene??

-Emo

# 3 25-01-2003 , 01:00 PM
Maybe lower focal length on the camera (=wider angle)?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 25-01-2003 , 01:45 PM
Subscriber
It looks like the "ambient" value on your shaders (materials) is set "too high" and over "0".

Too much ambient light makes everything more flat as the shadows dissappear.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 5 25-01-2003 , 06:19 PM
SM Alumni
You might want to try adding a bit of bump depth to some of the objects, for instance the wall and the ground should look a little deeper if you get my drift. Another thing to play with is the lighting, it looks like the sun is off to the right but everything is very bright looking at it from this angle, lower the lighting from the front angle a bit.

Just some suggestions...looks pretty good now, working on the small details can only make it look better user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.