Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 61 14-02-2003 , 06:17 PM
SM Tea Boy
Bugger nuts last post was me logged in as Kevin testing the new movie scripts DOH

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 62 14-02-2003 , 06:19 PM
No problem!

I can change it and re-post it, OR since I've uploaded the psd to the mods area now, you guys can change it to your likinguser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 63 14-02-2003 , 06:32 PM
Kevin
lol, i also like it but dont like the picture behind the cyber dog.. maybe more "terminator ish"?? not real?

user added image

thx mate ! doing great

# 64 14-02-2003 , 07:05 PM
Cool, I'll work on another background today....

I'll post up a few versions, and shoot you an updated psd with all of them so you can pick and choose... user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 65 14-02-2003 , 08:09 PM
Ok, here is another max comp....

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 66 14-02-2003 , 08:21 PM
Kevin
now ya talking !!!!! hehe nice - i like it a lot more ..im look ong for a more meaner background... not quite sure what though ..

# 67 14-02-2003 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
Hey Rage, that's awesome man...

Are you building these backgrounds in Maya?
I still can't figure out that resize thing, how do you do it?

What do you think of a more gradual fade between the background and the lines on the right? Might be cool to have like a cloudish fade between them...

Great work.. totally blew me out user added image

God Bless you and 3D
# 68 14-02-2003 , 08:41 PM
Thanks Kev! lemme know when you think of something...
Can't find any "meaner" bg's at the moment tho... sorry..

GCastro, the backgrounds are stock imagery I've had lying around that I've just color-corrected, and composited/color-matched the dog into whatever BG I plop in there...
The shadows are painted by hand as I'm here at work with no access to good roto/shadow software....

Also, the reason for the harsh fade is to make it easier for a sizing-split for those with larger/smaller monitor resolutionsuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 69 14-02-2003 , 09:23 PM

ok

Kevin, what do I need to change. I realy realy want the honor of doing this. So please, let me know anything I can change to make it better. Colors, briteness, arrangment, ect.

Fonts, anything. Suggestion, suggestions, suggestions!!!! I have a 3 day weekend to do the best I can for you guys!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 70 14-02-2003 , 09:42 PM

S3DW logo thingy psd...

Here is a small PS 7 .psd of my S3DW logo thingy for those who have asked about it...

It uses fonts that I don't have access to at the moment, so you might have to just rasterize the layers...

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 71 14-02-2003 , 09:54 PM
Kevin
hi ultra... Well I think rage has just about what Im looking for. Its nice - clean - good size - resizes and looks mean!

Its hard to say how I would better it to be honest mate... but you have all done "your" bit just by adding an entry as it always gives others ideas! so dont feel to bad mate if yours does not go on. You have all done fantastic!!

and im very proud to have such cool members!

# 72 14-02-2003 , 09:57 PM
Kevin
rage heres my idea - dam dude sorry about this!

Remember that first scene from terminater? where there was space ships in the bg with bones and stuff?

That "kinda" thing for a bg image? Im hunting now!!

# 73 14-02-2003 , 11:54 PM
Man, what a way to ruin my day. user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image

Can I modify it a bit, to be used for another simplySite ?????

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 74 14-02-2003 , 11:57 PM
Kevin
I dont know what to say Ultra. Yours is good... If I knew how to better it I would of done a banner myself user added image

Just hoping for ideas from you guys..which we got... still time mate but im not sure how we could better it or make things easier!

Dont take it as a bad thing mate... I didnt mean to ruin your day.

But you must admit..rages does look pretty dam good

# 75 15-02-2003 , 12:01 AM
who, rages or mine you speek of?

Anyways... I would realy love to make the simplyPhotoshop header for you. Preaty preaty please!! user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!