Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 46 06-02-2004 , 08:22 PM
Iori Yagami is a typical character what was made for appel the japanese fashion in the time.......modified japanese college uniform, fashion hair, with all this kind of I'm misterious.....anyway......my character looks him at the moment but I have to say....his more ugly than him....u will see after I complete mapping and texture........
By the way I was tryng to make a character with some Bruce Lee style but little bit of darkness and modern......About the Bruce Lee style is still fast cause I will make into his moves when I starts to animate...

# 47 13-02-2004 , 01:44 AM
user added image
Yeh I think u right.....3dgurl.....my character looks Iori.....I was comparing both of them........That quite s****....cause I was doing thinking just my scketch and now.....I just realised that have something similar to what I was doing......
Anyway I will keep doing and see until were I can get it......
This last days I had a problem with mapping and bones and smoothing......
In the beggining I linked all the bones than after I couldnt map....so I needed to start again.....and after a mapped and smoozed so when I linked to the bones I made before the linked envoliment was complete useless.....so I need to fix.....I didn't yet.....that means I doens't now with is the best steps to follow....
So if someone could help me sayng with is the best steps..???
And I never need to mess up 3 day of work.....
from now just a preview of what I'm doing with the all problem in bones link......how u can see in his hand is deforming because of this problem......anyway I'm still keep goin.....

Attached Thumbnails
# 48 13-02-2004 , 05:19 AM
Subscriber
Looks still good. Sorry to hear about the problems, are they related to the funny lines in the arms ?

Looking cool. I'll hold C+C till you get the technical problems worked out.

The cloths are shading nice also.. user added image

# 49 13-02-2004 , 10:09 AM
not really in the arm....
The problem is in his hand....now I think u talking about the strange articulation in his body......
I already workin on it........
the real problem is that I'm doin a lot of mistakes and loosing too much time.....

# 50 13-02-2004 , 01:09 PM
27721 vertices is not the final amount of my character Res.,have more biped what is the bone sistem in the Max, and also the extra faces I made for animation, weapon, and something else what I can't remember know.......... is just a close idea.....I can't remember who ask me for that but there is......probably when after I smooth, the vertices is goin to be twice big........
but my first complete done character was quite close from 5000 vertices and I was almost goin to change to low-res modeling......

Attached Images
# 51 13-02-2004 , 01:11 PM
and the wireframe for who ask me fir that also I will put another after I starts my animation......

Attached Thumbnails
# 52 13-02-2004 , 01:13 PM
the close up face wireframe.

Attached Thumbnails
# 53 13-02-2004 , 01:15 PM
the faces for animation....

Attached Thumbnails
# 54 13-02-2004 , 01:17 PM
reference for weapon....

Attached Thumbnails
# 55 13-02-2004 , 01:20 PM
final model of weapon...not textured yet......but I don't know if I'm goin to map....maybe I will use some standart texture......

Attached Thumbnails
# 56 14-02-2004 , 08:00 AM
Subscriber
this is really cool modeling and texturing user added image
congrats storm

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 57 14-02-2004 , 04:12 PM
Subscriber
I like it, very impressive!

- I have two small bits of C+C there is a bit of wrinkling on the back of his shoulder and his fingers are a bit like hotdogs. But all ain all a very nice job.

# 58 24-02-2004 , 03:01 AM
here's go again.......My character names is KIMA....
First script in his name is compose with 2 japanese script.....
first shyness
second army
Composing this 2 has the meaning of Brilliant....
The second script means magic also in the old ages is japan people didn't like about magic so the same script can describe devilness....
I think is exactly what I was looking for him.....
I will post his detail with his history and all this stuff after, cause I'm drawing in hands.....

Attached Thumbnails
# 59 24-02-2004 , 03:06 AM
That a pic. of his all body...I put it in back to show that his has in the back the first script of his name and some magic spells script right donw in his cloth.....it kind of protection......And his weapon what I tryed to mix the tecnological and tradional of white weapon......
If u see carefully u can see his veins in his arm.....I pretty like it.....

Attached Thumbnails
# 60 24-02-2004 , 03:45 AM
The Maya Mountain
Nice user added image I like it so far. Just some geometry stretching at the shoulders and such, but I'd concentrate on getting it done and then going back and fixing things.

keep it up!