Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-02-2004 , 09:10 PM

multiple bullet shell effect

Hello,

I'm a newbie so I'll apologize in advance for any eye-rolling reactions I might ellicit. I'm working on a 2-D cartoon but there is a sequence in my film where i want to use 3-D. The idea is that shell casings from a weapon rain down. I'm sure this isn't hard to do but what I want to know is this...having modeled a shell, is there any way to apply it to a particle emmiter in order to arrange for multiple casings to be animated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thermalfire

# 2 03-02-2004 , 11:27 AM
you need to add a geometry instancer. It's in the particles menu. There's a really good tutorial in the maya help docs about it.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 04-02-2004 , 08:06 PM

alright!

thanks for the help!

It's coming along, but it needs a bit of tweeking. Maybe I'll post the results in the WIP section soon. Thanks again.