Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-07-2004 , 09:33 PM
Subscriber

Personal Toon Head

Hi, im rather new to 3D... started about 2 months ago. I tried to model my head, 'toonish' style mainly because it was the easiest source of reference material. Anyway here it is, please comment as much as possible, im eager to learn user added image

Sorry about the "Alias" watermark but i only own Maya PLE !

user added image

# 2 07-07-2004 , 09:11 AM
Subscriber
haha thats some nice cartoonhead user added image

I would do something about the mesh... between the nose and eye you need to adjust that a bit...the lips and below the nose is also what you can try to tweak a bit more organic...
Im not saying you need to go for more detail but just wanted to show you a few things I would do...

and oh....where are the ears ?

# 3 07-07-2004 , 11:08 AM
Subscriber
Heh, thanks for the comments, yea i'll need to tweak it a bit here and there. I havn't learn't how to model ears yet.

I modeled this using CPS (Connect Poly tool)... I have tried several other techniques but found this method was alot easier. I would really like to go for something Photorealistic but I dont know if this method suits this aim ?? Am I better to learn another method or will CPS allow me to achieve a photorealistic head in Maya ? Obviously Textures play an important part, but you have oto have a good model to start im guessing...

Any help welcome !
Cheers...