Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-11-2005 , 12:39 AM
Subscriber

Nov/Dec - Noob - Kartzan

This is going to be my first challenge attempt, and I'm doin it up noob style seeing as how I've only had a few weeks with the software. I was thinking about modeling my computer set up, monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse, the whole 9 yeards. On second thought though... this might be a little too much and its obviously more than one object. In which case I'm thinking about just doing my monitor.

Any other suggestions for a noob?

# 2 08-11-2005 , 02:08 AM
The Maya Mountain
well, don't forget, you have 2 months, so going a little more complex might not be a bad idea.

# 3 08-11-2005 , 02:45 AM
the best way to get better as a noobie is to challange yourself....i wouldn't do just a monitor but maybe your workstation area (like you mentioned)...try it out and if you need help we got some friendly people here that can help you out...good luck with the challange

# 4 08-11-2005 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber
If I did a workstation, my only concern would be it was more than one object... and my workstation isnt that exciting...

# 5 08-11-2005 , 10:15 PM
do something that interests you...i only said workstation to show an example of something more complex/challanging....anyways...good luck in choosing!...looking forward to seeing some WIP