Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-02-2007 , 11:45 AM
Subscriber

Shading network question...

I'm trying to make a shading network for a character....

At the moment, I've made a bump node that's connected to a lambert. The lambert is has a colour assigned to it (blue)

I want to make an attribute that's on a character's control curve - and when I change the value on the control curve, the colour changes to one I pre-defined.

My question is how can I make the colour change to three different options?

I want to use the blue's HSV values and have two other options for colour.

Any ideas?

Thanks

James

# 2 13-02-2007 , 12:22 PM
Subscriber
Hello James,

I'm not too sure I understand your needs correctly but you can certainly use Set Driven Keys to control and animate colour through a 'Controller' curve.

In a nutshell, make a new attribute on the controller curve and set it to control the R,G and B values of the shader on your object. If you set it so that the max and min values are 1 and -1 respectively then you can have each whole value on the attribute equaling a colour. For instance -1 could = red, 0 could = green and 1 could = blue.

Hope that makes sense,

Mat.

# 3 13-02-2007 , 12:39 PM
Subscriber
actually, that'll work nicely...

Thanks for the quick reply!!

James