Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-11-2007 , 05:49 AM

Parenting Light object

Hi, kinda got myself into this small problem. Ive been wanting to animate my spotlight, so that it will follow my character everywhere this creature go. I just cant seem to get it right. I could attach it to a motion path i guess, but i really want it follow well. so what i thought i could do is to parent the spotlight to the root skeleton of my character. But when i do so, the light stops working. there isnt any light shown, its as good as not having any light at all. How can i get my spotlight to follow my character if this doesnt do the trick?

# 2 28-11-2007 , 09:08 AM
select the light then your characters hips then:
constrain> parent with options, and then constrain it in the axis you want it to follow in. ( for example you may not want the light to move with the characters movement up in a walk.