Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-12-2009 , 06:29 PM

mesh problem

Hello, my name is Teo. Im working on a low-poly character and after i have finished modeling and did a render the torso of my character did not render. The same happends when i turn on high quality rendering: the torso disappears. Can you give me a suggestion ? I really really nead it. Thank you.

# 2 30-12-2009 , 07:35 PM
Subscriber
can you post a screenshot of your render and your normal maya window?

# 3 31-12-2009 , 06:18 AM
Are you rendering subd? This behavior is very common when rendering subd components in mental ray if the components have geometry that mental ray does not like.

Check normals, Check for non-manifold geometry. The cleanup tool can help find geometry problems.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675