Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-08-2004 , 09:36 PM

Help with One Ring Text

Hi, I'm modeling the One Ring from Lord of the Rings (Yes, i'm a nerd, but that's why i'm here). And i want to wrap the elvish writing around it, I downloaded an evlish font so i can type it up, but i'm not exactly sure how i could get it to wrap around the ring, and add a glow. If you think you can help me out please contact me or respond here, also here is a render of it so far, let me know what you think

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-08-2004 , 04:50 AM
Subscriber
looking good but i have NO IDEA about texturing lol

# 3 15-08-2004 , 09:45 AM
Subscriber
Try playing around with cilindrical mapping. Select outer polys on your model, and assign cilindrical mapping, set it the way it should be, and then simply apply texture to it. Just experiment with this thing, you'll see what I mean .

# 4 17-08-2004 , 09:49 PM
Subscriber
i dont much about texturing but to make it glow you go to the atribute editor and under the material you have for it go to special effects and you will see glow intensity. Just mess with the slider until it looks right.

Chris

An idea is delicate.
It can be killed by a sneer or yawn,
It can be stabbed to death by a joke
Or worried to death by a frown
On the right persons brow.
-Charles Browers