Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-10-2004 , 01:20 PM

Problem with image plane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
This is my first post. I´m new with Maya and I just found an apparently small problem with image planes obstructing my objects. After consulting some other forums (which I will not name) I still have the same "small" problem. I have already be pointed to different solution none of them valid. Also I have visited different places like:
https://www.strarup.net/maya/imageplanesetup
and
https://www.hinst.net/~phalcon/mckinl...mageplanes.rar
wth no result neither because they just explain the process with no mention of this particular problem.
I live a capture so that you can see by yourself what´s happening. The object should be in front of the images but is not.
user added image
Thanks a lot

# 2 20-10-2004 , 01:28 PM
The Maya Mountain
Looks like you're using camera-placed image planes. If so, you can use the Image Plane settings to position them how you like.

What I use (and as I describe in my video, the second link you mentioned) is polygonal planes that are physically in the scene. Then you can just position them wherever you want.

# 3 20-10-2004 , 01:34 PM
I would watch Mike's video as it will walk you through things step by step using standard poly planes, which tend to be less CPU intensive on larger scenes. You could also download kari's refplanes.mel which automates this process...that being said, it's always good to know how to set things up manually first.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 4 20-10-2004 , 01:59 PM
Thanks a lot for the very prompt response. I will study your method closely before carry on and let you know.
Regards

# 5 20-10-2004 , 05:10 PM
Yeah, is pretty clear, now. I think I´ll park the other method at the moment because this one allow me to carry on. Maybe one day I´ll know what was I doing wrong...
Thanks again for your convenient video.