Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-12-2005 , 11:15 AM
Subscriber

help.

hello,

I've been following the ferrari tutorial and have got as far as mirroring my sub-d model to complete the body and have run into a bit of a problem and was hoping there was someone out there who may be able to help.

I am trying to attach the 2 parts of the front bumper together but after a short think Maya just spits out a poly rather than a sub-d with the message "Warning waitCursor stack empty". (see image)

has anyone encountered this problem before or does anyone know what it means? How can I sort it out?

All the other parts of the car are fine, no problems at all, but this is driving me to despair and I really don't want to make the bumper again.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-12-2005 , 11:57 AM
try hitting the 3 hotkey this will increase the display resolutionn like on NURBS objects

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 3 16-12-2005 , 11:58 AM
nevermind that.. I cant read user added image ..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 4 16-12-2005 , 12:47 PM
Subscriber
thats actually the better way to attatch a subD surface. convert it to poly, combine the polys and merdge the verts going down the middle, then turn the poly into a subD again.
it looks like a few of your edges running down the middle of the bunper are not welded together. u should merdge them.

also double check your normals.
user added image

# 5 16-12-2005 , 01:39 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the tips. I converted the sub-d to a poly and then joined the 2 halves. It seemed to work but I have lost a little detail, it'll be a lot less work to fix that than to build a whole new bumper. I am still none the wiser as to why it did not let me mirror then attach the sub-d though.

Thanks again,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails