Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-07-2008 , 08:40 PM

Recipes, for those of us who work way too much.

Yup, you saw that right. Recipesuser added image

For those of us that are leads or td's working insane hours for no extra pay is par for the course.
(Unless you're union, lucky bastards, lol)

Such is the life of working on a Salaryuser added image

BUT, at least we can eat well, instead of living on fast food like we did when we were younger.

So, I'd like to start a thread with your favorite recipes for food you make yourself to keep the midnight oil burning if your working late, and the creativity flowin during the day.

The first 2 I'll start off with are my FAVORITE 2 recipes, AND, they also just happen to be the personal 2 favorites of creator/director Robert Rodreguez of Troublemaker Studios:

1. Sin City Breakfast Tacos (anytime day or night)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XMTW...eature=related

2. Puerco Pibil (lunch or dinner)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiNr0mszYtM

3. RAGE's Menu of 10 Personal Recipes

Ok, lets see some of your favorite recipes!

Don't just give us your favorite foods, give us the recipe, and any specific cooking times, ingredients, tools, and techniques! user added image

....because like Robert Rodreguez says:
"Not knowing how to cook, is like not knowing how to f*ck."

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 2 14-07-2008 , 09:58 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Im only 15 but i can cook a killer barbecue chicken (with barbecue sauce)

but my favorite is sweet and sour chicken

# 3 14-07-2008 , 10:22 PM
Thats cool, but when you cook them yourself, what techniques do you use, such as grilling, sauce-homemade or store bought, etcuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 4 14-07-2008 , 10:28 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
sauce is store bought, chicken fried a frying pan
for the barbecue chicken you need to "burn" it so its got black streaks and its great

and i havent really got the s&s chicken down to a tee yet.....

# 5 14-07-2008 , 10:29 PM
Awesomeuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 6 14-07-2008 , 11:33 PM
Hey Rage, nice Idea, I like having a tinker in the kitchen! I'll stick some down later on!

Take it you like seafood, looking at your top ten!

Herers a quick o'l fave!

1 x tin of Heinz baked beans
2 x slices of white bread

toast the bread and heat up the beans in a pan on the hob, butter the bread, pour over the beans, done!

Lovely!

I'll put some that are a touch more elaborate in a bit.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 15-07-2008 , 02:29 AM
Subscriber
Here's what I made lastnight, didn't really take up much time and was really good

Boxed Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops in one pan

Follow Boxed instructions for the potatoes, brown up both sides of the pork chops on the stove top, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, put in scalloped potatoes for 10 minutes, pull out of oven and place pork chops on top of it, and if you want you can put some scalloped potatoes and the sauce it's in all over the pork chop. Put the mixture back in the oven for 35 minutes or until done, I did 35 minutes and it was damn good (my box of scalloped potatoes asked for 35 minutes of 400 degrees Fahrenheit but I did 45 on 350)

It was quick and easy, and kind of a rip off of Farmers Pork Chops (I believe thats what it's called)

A lot of times when trying to be quick I buy frozen french bread pizza's and just eat those or frozen lasagna... quick heat and eat kind of deals. I don't do much cooking, it's usually simple stuff if I do.

# 8 15-07-2008 , 09:41 AM
Subscriber
you are a killer rage user added image

ill eat anything

i did do cooking at college (3 months) and 9 months in.., err.., well i cooked for a lot of people (480).., put it that wayuser added image

i cooked for shearers too for 12 months too

all that was at least 20 years ago..,

nachos is good because its easy (i live alone), porridge with dried fruit in the morning (cause its easy).., steamed veges and a chicken or beef snitchel (cant spell it??) .., because its easy

take it easy and life will be easy
# 9 15-07-2008 , 09:50 AM

Joopsons sloppy Joes that'll kill ya

All you need is some McCormick sloppy joe mix, Some beef, and 2 habanero peppers.
Dice the habaneros and follow the instructions on the mix. add in the habaneros when you add in the sauce, and mix it in and let it simmer for awhile. When its done, make sure you have plenty to drink, because otherwise it wont be fun.... or it will be fun... but it will hurt alot.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 10 15-07-2008 , 09:00 PM
ooooh Joop, I was born in Madrid Spain on a US AirForce base and my mom said in 1972 there wasnt gerber baby food anywhere so she would go accross the street to the bullfight arena, and get vegitable tamale's from the tamale' stand, then blend a few of those up with some water for baby food for me.

Problem was, she forgot that jalapenos were always in them, so over time I developed a touch-stomach I guess, because I LOVe to just bite into one raw while I cook and my friends can't do it at all, lol.

Anyhoo, ANYTHING with jalapenos in it are alright by meuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 11 15-07-2008 , 09:50 PM
Then you need to make these. VERY spicy.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 12 18-07-2008 , 07:56 AM
19 year Veteran
I have got recipes from KFC if anybody is interested?

# 13 18-07-2008 , 08:03 AM
Subscriber
not THE eleven secret herbs and spices.., i always wondered.., did those 11 secret herbs and spices include salt and pepper??

user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 14 18-07-2008 , 08:23 AM
19 year Veteran
The Original Recipe is not packaged in three different places. The way it is cooked and the process makes it taste like it has eleven herbs and spices when in reality there is not. The way it is done in the restaurant is using dried eggs and milk in the flour along with a box of breading salt and the seasoning bag and a bag of breading flour.

# 15 18-07-2008 , 08:37 AM
19 year Veteran
Aside from all that, the actual process is very simplistic. If your interested I will post the recipe. I have recipe's for both Original and Extra Crispy.