Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-05-2009 , 11:14 AM

how to render with mental ray

i've been doing this project of mine in maya 2008.
its done and all that's left to do is to render it.
i plan to do a software render.

can i ask how to render it with mental ray and motion blur so that my commercial will look interesting?

thanks a lot!

# 2 19-05-2009 , 11:54 AM
It takes a lot more than simply "rendering with mental ray and motion blur to make it look interesting"

You need to learn how it works and what it can do otherwise it going to be a mess.

If you really want to though you may have to load MR in the plug in manager and then select it in the render options drop down menu

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 19-05-2009 , 01:05 PM
thanks for you reply.

how can i render using maya software?

i can't get any walkthroughs on how to do it.

# 4 19-05-2009 , 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
I agree with Steve, its a whole other process with a learning curve, you're going to have to buckle down and read through the help docs and do some tuts. I'd say go on ahead and learn MR as it can do whatever the Maya Software renderer can do and more. Also, you're probably not going to find a lot of tuts outside of the help docs focusing on the Software renderer.

- Genny
# 5 02-06-2009 , 03:25 AM