Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 08-03-2003 , 01:15 AM
Interesting mech design!

# 17 08-03-2003 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
Yaay, i had a post user added image. Well, i was super busy all this week so i had little time to work on him.. Hopefully this weekend i can get the head mostly finished, and the body started user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 18 08-03-2003 , 06:29 AM
Subscriber
Ok guys, I modelled the front of his chest, and i was originally going to just make it be the same design in the back, but thick... but that would of been boring, after seeing all the other robots! SO, the front is like a shell.. and im going to TRY to model lots of mechanics in the back, and then some thrusters that will be my own design.. hopefully i wont be steppin on mikes and brians toes user added image. It should look a lot different though user added image. Ok, here it is C+C welcome user added image.

BTW, i was just messing around with GI_Joe.. but i didnt get the best result with this.. but its better than default for a change user added image.

# 19 08-03-2003 , 06:36 AM
Subscriber
Looks good so far. It has a "bio-mechanical" look to it.

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 20 08-03-2003 , 06:39 AM
Subscriber
user added image, yea.. im not 100% sure how the "depth" and back of this robot is going to be modelled.. seeing there is no refrence that i can draw. BUT, it should be fine, and just let my imagination flow. Now if im right, this thing can consist of 100 pieces and it doesnt make a huge difference right? Thats considering he may do animation.. and art poses and whatnot, along with texturing. Thanks user added image.

# 21 08-03-2003 , 06:55 AM
Good Job Mate!!! Lookin good!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 22 08-03-2003 , 07:10 AM
Subscriber
Ok, i modelled some basic boosters on his back user added image. I will be adding detail later. Tell me what you think user added image. Oh, and i just did a poly count... 1238 polys so far user added image. im going to be looking at 10,000 probably once its done.... who knows though.

Last edited by M; 08-03-2003 at 07:44 AM.
# 23 10-03-2003 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber
Alright, sorry for few updates.. seeing I have been running around doing so much stuff. This is what i have so far user added image, just.. im stuck. I am going to need to find a design for the back, to make it cool... user added image. Hopefully i will have an update tonight.

# 24 10-03-2003 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber
Alright, i have modelled his ribs a bit, and they are hollow so that i can do something with them user added image.. adds to the effect. Anyways, here is a front view user added image. BTW, jewel in the front of the chest, as i realise now.. is waaay too flat.

Last edited by M; 10-03-2003 at 04:08 AM.
# 25 10-03-2003 , 05:28 AM
Subscriber
Whowww... it's geting to get shape user added image (if you know what I meen?)
Great work!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 26 10-03-2003 , 06:25 AM
Subscriber
The shape seems a little crude, but I love the design!

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 27 10-03-2003 , 06:33 AM
Subscriber
Lol, yea i notice that undseth.... i just am not good at the round edges and such. I could smooth the chest, but then the corners all go rounded... my final render will definately not be crude like that though user added image.. thanks for the advice user added image.

# 28 10-03-2003 , 06:43 AM
M, instead of smooth... Go to face mode, select all the faces and go Edit Polygons> Subdivide.

That way it smooths it with out rounding it. I picked that up somewhere along the way. user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 29 10-03-2003 , 06:52 AM
Subscriber
WOW.. thanks so much ultragames! This technique worked GREAT!. Just I cannot post a picture though, seeing that theres one problem in my mesh that i just picked out, and when i do this technique, thers one area that ends up quite different... so i need to fix that first user added image. I will post sometime tommorow. Thanks again ultragames... wonderful technique.

# 30 10-03-2003 , 06:58 AM
*takes bow*

Thank you, thank you. Glad to help out. I can't do it often.

See, don't do all the tuts and stuff, just play with crap 'till you get a good effect.

user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!