Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 29-11-2003 , 11:50 PM

Old work, redone:

Maybe someone remembers the boots I created a while back: I reworked the pants and hope I´ll complete this character, after my current work´s done. I´ll animate this one for sure someday, but at the moment I´m so much into Mayas Character Animation Tools that there´s simply no time. Nevertheless, hope you like the progress!

bigger version:

https://members.chello.at/anna.mahler...ernative02.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 30-11-2003 , 03:34 AM
Subscriber
I like it! I hope we can see more user added image

# 3 30-11-2003 , 05:30 AM
It looks very very interesting user added image This can be something really good. Plz, keep us updated.
Do you have a reference pic, or are you modelling direct from your mind?? user added image

Good work

A new found Glory!
# 4 30-11-2003 , 09:59 AM
Thanks for your comments, guys! Well, I have reference Pics, but I did not stay very true to them while modeling.

I will keep you updated!

Interest in wires?

# 5 30-11-2003 , 03:26 PM
Subscriber
yes pleaze!

# 6 02-12-2003 , 06:31 PM
great detail! me likes

Solomon
Soreel GraFX
https://www.sowl.com
# 7 02-12-2003 , 08:47 PM
Oh, well, guys, sorry that it tooks me so long, but I just finished creating a really good Maya character rig - Currently I´m working on skinning, etc. I´m terribly tired, lots of work.

Well, just like to add a little information: This one´s circa 2 months old. The boots were created with polybox modeling (very easy, very artistic, imo), then poly reduced by myself, the pants with poly per poly, subdivision Surfaces (CPS Script - That´s one hell of a script!). The polycount turned out quite well, with 2 iterations I´ve got 20.000 polys. Rendered with GI_Joe.

Thanks for the comments for my lousy boots, hehe, here´s what everyone waited for:

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Thomas Mahler; 02-12-2003 at 08:53 PM.
# 8 03-12-2003 , 01:33 AM
Subscriber
how do you get this neutral lighting and texture??

it is great, even though it is not the final shaders and all...

<font size="1"><strong>"The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes"
<em>Goethe</em></strong></font>
# 9 03-12-2003 , 09:54 AM
Very easy, actually. I just used the GI Joe lighting script. This script creates a light dome, combined with 64+ directional lights and depth mapped shadows.

Until it´s final I wont create my own lighting setup, GI Joe is a very useful script to fake GI in a very fast way.

Thanks for the comments!