Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 17-01-2010 , 07:39 PM
ChairWire

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 17 17-01-2010 , 07:40 PM
Mirror Wire

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 18 17-01-2010 , 07:42 PM
Kids Table

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 19 17-01-2010 , 07:43 PM
The thin red line
Hi Perfecto
Your model is looking nice, how you do such good work in such a short time amazes me. dave

# 20 17-01-2010 , 07:49 PM
Thx daverave, I've been doing modeling for 3 years. At first I was pretty slow. But after 3 years of doing nothing but modeling, the pace picks up pretty good.

On the other hand, I've done almost no texturing which means it would take me a long time to texture something that someone else would consider simple. I don't even really know how to uv map yet.

Exceed Expectations!
# 21 17-01-2010 , 08:25 PM
The thin red line
I think that is it time, im lucky if I spend 30 min a day doing modelling thats why my take so long to do, price of having a large family. only another 12 year then they will have left school LOL

# 22 18-01-2010 , 12:41 AM

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 23 18-01-2010 , 12:42 AM
Headphone Jack

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 24 18-01-2010 , 01:51 AM
Sigh...I can't render out the whole scene. Smoothed, I have 1.4mil polys. Once I hit about 1.2 mil..my computer can no longer render without crashing. user added image

Exceed Expectations!
# 25 18-01-2010 , 02:09 AM
Subscriber
I love your work perfecto, was wondering what happened to your set driven key tutorial on youtube? I had that saved as it came in handy but I don't see it anymore.

Should give texturing a shot, your models looks awesome I can just imagine how good they'd be if your texturing was up to date with it.

Keep up the good work user added image

# 26 18-01-2010 , 02:17 AM
Thanks Rhetoric Camel. Sorry bout the tutorial, I'll see if I can find it and put it back up.

I am going to start learning how to texture very soon. I just need to find a good starting book. I bought "Advanced Maya Texturing and Lighting" by Lee Lanier hoping I'd be able to figure it out but it's just too advance for me. The book seems like it requires some basic or intermediate knowledge that I just don't have. I'll be looking for a beginner texturing book.

Exceed Expectations!
# 27 18-01-2010 , 03:25 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the wires mate..
Good clean model, i like it.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 28 18-01-2010 , 04:06 AM
Thanks legendofzombi.

Well, looks like I'm back in business. I changed 3 corners of the mirror to instances and now I can render the scene again.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 29 18-01-2010 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber
Only one complaint now...
I'm in the process of designing a new home theater / computer desk layout for my bedroom ( I use computer for dvd player, music, ect on at the moment a 32 inch HD tv, will soon be two 32 inch set up as Dual monitors on the computer )...
I'm modeling it all in maya, to get the visual and see how it will look, But, i am just using primitives to scale, Not actually modeling anything to look aesthetically pleasing.....

Now when i post it on her,e to get opinions and ideas...you'll make mine looks bad user added image
LoL

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 30 18-01-2010 , 11:55 AM
Lifetime Member
legend you are sad ..lol just kidding mate ..get some work up so we can see it ..hehe

great work Perfecto as usual , once you learn to texture i think you've arrived ...
Nice and clean meshes with some tricky modeling.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner