Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 06-10-2015 , 05:25 PM
EduSciVis-er

As for nuke vs photoshop, well PS has no true plus operation the closest it comes is screen, so it's actually not possible to put something back together in PS, it will do for a quick job but it's not a true compositing application.

Really? I thought Linear Dodge was an add operation. Have you tried Fusion, if so what's your opinion?

# 17 06-10-2015 , 05:46 PM
SM Tea Boy
you are quite right Linear Dodge is a simple l1 + l2 operation so plus, can't believe that slipped my mind i'm getting old DO'H, and there are of course ways to unpremult an alpha in PS as well it's just a PITA I'm not trying to put anyone of PS user added image

I've no real experience with fusion, but i hear good things so...

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 18 06-10-2015 , 06:36 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the info.
Definitely going to try Nuke. After I learned the Mila material and how to use passes.

# 19 24-06-2016 , 04:02 PM
hi everyone! i have a problem with color management in maya 2016. My render is too light.
user added image

I'm following the gnomon tutorial and set up a material, in the lesson fresnel is off, but i decided turn it on, and got this
user added image
but is still too light, so i decided turn color management off and i got better result, but i realize that it's incorrect.
user added image
any advises.
p/s sorry for my englishuser added image

# 20 24-06-2016 , 04:19 PM
EduSciVis-er
It looks like you have physical sun and sky for this, which may add an additional gamma correction of 2.2 for your camera via an mia_exposure_simple node, I think. Checking in Maya 2016.5, it doesn't appear to do that anymore, but that could be my setup. So I believe with color management on, you would get double the correction, which you don't want. Either disconnect the exposure node from your camera, or turn the gamma correction to 1. I hope that's the solution.

# 21 25-06-2016 , 12:50 PM
thank you very much!

# 22 26-06-2016 , 04:31 PM
Hi everyone! Mental ray becomes very slow in maya 2016, i render scene with sky\sun system and res 1280:720 and it takes forever! (44 min actually) but in previous version maya (2013) it takes about 4 min. I use mia material. How's you think, what's the problem? Here my scene https://yadi.sk/d/N1NVNDqgsoRtp any question and advises