View Poll Results: Matrix: To imax or not to imax ?....
Yes im have/gonna do it on the big one no matter what.... 1 5.00%
I´ll see it asap on whatever available.... 9 45.00%
I dont care... i have drug induced ESP... i saw it on wachowskys brains... 4 20.00%
I wouldnt watch this pile of shite if they paid me 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 05-11-2003 , 10:36 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by [icarus_uk]
I quite like cutting the grass.

LOL -

ok then, how bout "slamming my head into a wall"

user added image

# 17 05-11-2003 , 10:37 PM
what kind of grass?user added image

# 18 05-11-2003 , 10:39 PM
Kevin
It would have to be some pretty strong grass to make me sit through that pain...I can tell ya user added image

still Im sure some will enjoy it.....maybe

# 19 05-11-2003 , 10:41 PM
Kevin
btw.... I added another option :p

# 20 05-11-2003 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber
Matrix 3 is amazing. Just saw it. Go see it you won't be disappointed! The whole fight with zion and espically the final fight with Neo and Agent Smith is amazing. The CG doesn't look as bad as Matrix 2 when Neo fights Agent Smith and the ZG on zion war AWSOME!

# 21 06-11-2003 , 12:03 AM

Originally posted by dragonfx

And you wont tell me that both of you wont see Matrix3 6 months later(and then every 3 monts mor or less in one channel or another...) when you just are zapping tv and stumble over it...

Ok, I won't as it's obvious you're content to call me a liar. user added image

O, and thanks Kevin for the new option user added image

# 22 06-11-2003 , 12:20 AM
...user added image

"contempt=self restrained"?

in spanish "contento=happy"

...no i wouldnt call you liar if you did... i would have asked what made you try so hard to disconnect from the ebb and flow...user added image

------------------------------------------------------
PD: whos gonna see it on Imax? (cause i just got some of kevs grass and i sawd it on wachowsky´s brothers brains via ESP...)

Last edited by dragonfx; 06-11-2003 at 12:28 AM.
# 23 06-11-2003 , 12:31 AM
Well I am going to see it in a few hours. I am prepaired to see a bad story but I want to see the fights. Finally the walker and the squids. I love that sci fi graphics. It is almost the best the world can offer. We sit here and watch small projects evolve. I am going to see some serious eye candy. I will love if for the CG if nothing else. If you ask me it is well worth the 8.50.

# 24 06-11-2003 , 01:15 AM
Subscriber

i would have asked what made you try so hard to disconnect from the ebb and flow...

And I would probably ask what makes you so keen to conform to it, when you protest you probably won't like the film anyway. And then we would agree it's called choice, and perhaps you might consider why you assume your choices are fine and others people are useless because they don't match your world view.

I don't happen to want to do what everyone does just because they are doing it, don't see a need to conform to a popular taste unless I like it. Hard as it is to imagine it is not an inevitability that people have to, want to, or will, watch crap movies just because everyone else watches them. Just like if you and 100 people ran off what you told me was a really popular stylish cliff, I wouldn't bother to follow you.

Last edited by Witchy; 06-11-2003 at 01:18 AM.
# 25 06-11-2003 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber
God damn! I knew that '3Ders' were meant to be weird, thats for sure.......but how can all of you sit there and say this? The fact is that the Matrix trilogy has been the pinnacle of special effects in films that others have since attempted to replicate. The story, although maybe not to everybody's tastes, is one of the deepest stories I can recall in a very long time. They even study the films closely in philosophy class at my college!

I just saw it a couple of hours ago and was amazed. The only disappointment I had was when it ended, and only then because it was the end of the trilogy that has lasted 6 years. I can accept that many of you may not like this film, but I disagree with all the comments that it is a 'bad' film in general.

Just my 2 cents user added image

# 26 06-11-2003 , 02:11 AM
Subscriber
How can I sit there and say that? Perhaps they should debate the nature of free will in your college's philosophy class instead. If you want to love the film go ahead, but I sometimes wonder at people who seem to think if you don't buy into a craze you are 'weird' and need to be labelled as a philistine. It's a movie, not a new world order.

Just my 2 'weird' cents.

# 27 06-11-2003 , 02:23 AM
Subscriber
Lol Witchy, don't take it so personally! user added image

I was just saying that the films are good, whether you like them or not. For example, I can admit that some horror films may be 'good', even though I find most of them to be incredibly boring and predictable. But that is just my tastes - I'm not saying for one second that anyone should follow a craze or be considered weird......honest user added image

# 28 06-11-2003 , 03:34 AM
Matrix? What is the Matrix? user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 29 06-11-2003 , 04:05 AM

Originally posted by MastahUK
I was just saying that the films are good, whether you like them or not.

What I think you are failing to understand is that the fact that the movies are "good" are just your opinion. It is my opinion that they're utter crap. Nice for a bit of mindless entertainment when you've mowed your lawn, washed your hair, pressed all the clothes, and washed the car and now have nothing else to do with your time and every single channel is showing it (including the Weather channel).

You think it's good. I think it's crap. Do I think everyone should think it's crap? No. As there are some movies I like which I'm sure others think are totally horrid. In the same vein, just because you think this pile o' poo is good doesn't mean everyone else should, also.

This is neither weird, taking it personally, or anything other than having a difference of opinion. The thing I find infinitely amusing is people finding 'hidden meanings' and great depth to what is the biggest cotton-candy movie I've seen in ages. user added image Must be something in the water. user added image

# 30 06-11-2003 , 04:08 AM
Actually the philosophical questions the Matrix trilogy discusses, are actually "refritos" (refried) philosophical questions which have been discussed since the greeks started the whole shit.

I think what this trilogy offered was simply a great time, some action coupled with two or three "questions" that made everybody kinda start wondering what many have been wondering for centuries.

*BTW: Everyone here knows I do like the movies, I had a great time at both, even though the first one was better than the second in my opinion. I know at least I´ll have fun in the third one. By the way, I thought I would see it today, but damnit ... our girl actually reserved with her credit card for another movie. She plainly messed us all up. :p (Going tomorrow I think)