Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-06-2004 , 08:22 PM

TExturing a model then applying a label on top..?

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing great BTW it was time that a Texture DVD came up, is looking good for what i saw on the screenshots.

But in the meantime:

I have a test model that has many faces all in different shapes, let say a plane, someone else texture the wing (that is tiragulated) but i want to add a label to the wing and is in form of a cicle, if I select the faces to project it obviously is not in a shape of a circle.

1- How can i apply that circle label in to the different shape faces?

thanks in advance!!

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....
# 2 23-06-2004 , 06:21 AM
Try using a layered texture. Here is a nice tutorial:

https://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutorials/layeredtexture/

The idea is to use several textures (mor than one, anyway) with some alpha channel or other types of transparency, so when you layer them, you can see the top texture where it's not transparent and the underlying texture where the first one is transparent.

bye!!

# 3 23-06-2004 , 02:38 PM
thanks man very usefull!!!

If you can Imagine, Draw it, if you Draw it, Animate it, then it becomes a Masterpiece.....