Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-10-2002 , 11:52 PM
Kevin

October Competition Here

Right guys!

Well as October is Halloween, this months competition is going to follow a haunted theme...so this month I would like to see some spooky houses

Now as always... The house can be inside or out, or a part of the house...maybe scary stairwell or cellar?

So a good one for your texture practice !!!

As like last month, 2 entries per person... please state on the top if you are participating in the Normal or Newbie Competition

Winners to be announced 25th - 30th October

This one should be fun ......Good Luck!!!

ps...cheers darkon for the idea user added image

# 2 04-10-2002 , 04:33 AM

# 3 04-10-2002 , 07:38 AM
Kevin
hey..great start blondie!! and also good to see you here again!

so what you been up to?

# 4 04-10-2002 , 01:54 PM
Supreme Being
nice start blondie.. i hope you'll have enough time to finish it.. :p
are you plannin' on the interior too..?

# 5 04-10-2002 , 02:30 PM

# 6 04-10-2002 , 03:37 PM
Thanks Kevin, Roman and adldesigner. user added image Not sure about being able to finish the outside Roman..let alone the inside user added image user added image But we'll see user added image

~Kevin...been kinda tied up doing the wedding thing for my daughter (my youngest!) ..yeah yeah I know ya didn't think I was that old...hahaha..did I mention I started having kids at the young age of 5?!?!?! user added image user added image Also planning a big move here in a few weeks so been trying to fit an entire house into a few boxes! hahaha... I think I have earned the title of "Queen of the Packrats!" user added image

I'll try posting some updates to this if/when I get a chance to work on it more. Just seems if I open up Maya...NOTHING gets done. user added image

# 7 04-10-2002 , 06:59 PM
SM Alumni
Looking good there Miss B user added image

Darkon the Incandescent

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.

# 8 04-10-2002 , 08:55 PM
Lol ... everyday life doesn´t seem to cope well with Maya right? .. user added image

By the way .. Miss Blondie? ... interesting, I was under another impression. user added image

# 9 04-10-2002 , 09:45 PM
Thank you Mr. D. https://www.kurts-smilies.de/hm.gif

Guess I could be a Ms. adldesigner...either or https://www.kurts-smilies.de/hm.gif And nope life keeps getting in the way of Maya. user added image

Well another lil update. Hahahaha...my daughter is gonna kill me...can hear it now "So Mom how far are you on making the wedding bouquets?" Mom: "Ummmmmm.....well....ummm...check out this house I made!" hahaha..somehow I don't think she'll be too impressed. user added image

# 10 04-10-2002 , 09:53 PM
Supreme Being
lol.. user added image
well thats life.. hehe :p

# 11 04-10-2002 , 09:59 PM
SM Alumni
Grand as always Maya Queen user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.

# 12 04-10-2002 , 10:29 PM
buuh you win again blondie.

# 13 05-10-2002 , 02:01 AM
*Laughing* Are ya'll sick of me yet? OMG I am never going to get these wedding bouquets done this way! user added image

Last update for a while I think...time to put my Maya away for a bit...user added image ................hopefully :p

# 14 05-10-2002 , 02:21 AM
Blondie ..that looks great! Might want to try to tweak a bit the lighting ... since it´s dark (I know it´s supposed to be like that) but that much .. user added image

# 15 05-10-2002 , 03:20 PM
Subscriber

Light

Great model in such a short time....I'm sorry that i can't participate to this competiton this month...as adldesigner said before...it's really quite dark...try adding some dark-blue lights...or a bright moon, lighting the whole thingie from the back...some mist...tataaaa...finished scene for Scooby Doo...

:banana: