Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-03-2005 , 08:51 PM

Reflective Surface

Hey everyone. I am trying to make a surface reflect the objects around it. Was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. Used to animate a little in 3D Studio Max but that was like a year or so and am a little lost in Maya.

Thanks

Josh

# 2 05-03-2005 , 11:11 PM
Subscriber
Simple answer, increase the shader's reflectivity and render using raytracing.

Complex answer, too long to go into, but there are several attributes which help make realistic reflections.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 06-03-2005 , 06:41 AM
Thanks I have been messing around with these for a while now and still can't get the desired effect that I want. What I am trying to do is make a realistic eye ball. And I am trying to make it reflect realistically. I realize that this is complex but even a starting point for the long version would be greatly appreciated.

# 4 06-03-2005 , 06:57 AM
Subscriber

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 06-03-2005 , 07:19 PM
Wow that is an awsome tutorial thanks a lot.