Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-12-2007 , 11:38 AM

weighting prob

I have been weighting a character and combined the left and right side thinking it was complete to use as a wrap deformer. Unfortunately I have discovered some weighting issues but am unable to fix this since I can no longer paint weights on the geometry. Is there anyway to fix this or am I going to need to go back and start from scratch because I stupidly combined the left and right side.

I did try seperating the 2 but the weighting option would still not work.

Thanks,

Leon

# 2 22-12-2007 , 07:57 AM
Ok I figure I am going to have to start again with this. I have another problem though. I want to move some of the joints since they are not exactly where they should be. Is there anyway I can do this without deleting all my ik handles and my constraints. I have a load of models needing to be rigged and had hoped I would be able to use this rig for all of them by simply adjusting the placement of a few joints and then skinning my models to it and painting the weights. I know I could just delete all the ik from the skeleton and then set up each one but I have 13 to do and had hoped I could use the rig I had created with all the Ik and constraints on all of them.

Any advice is much appreciated.