Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 91 20-09-2010 , 12:42 PM
Cheers Speedy!

The ears are a little bit low, it was modelled using a photo and the guy's ears are actually that low too! I have already moved them up a little but if they are looking that bad then I'll shift them up a bit more.

The challenge is for a horror character, but a witness to a murder could be included in that catagory too, I have another idea for the final image which would probably step even further away from the criteria, but will PM gster if I decide to do that one and see if it'd be ok.

Cheers for the crits though mate, they all help!

# 92 28-09-2010 , 04:12 PM
Got a little chance to play about with my character today, and have tried out a vampire version of him! Along the 30 days of night style.

Will need to add some blood on the teeth, and more on his face (as mentioned before), but am now thinking this might be the way to go. I don't think the expression on his face is quite as good as the last one, but it's more in theme with the criteria of the comp, and I still have some time to do more to it so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Attached Thumbnails
# 93 28-09-2010 , 04:22 PM
The thin red line
I think you have got a good look about him Dango77, menacing, I think if you just work on the texture he will look great...........dave

# 94 28-09-2010 , 09:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Nice mate.......looks good!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 95 29-09-2010 , 12:13 PM
Thanks Dave and Bullet!

I think I will just work on the texturing and leave the model as it is, I have a feeling if i do much more to him it might be a bit of overkill. Less is more and all that...lol.

Am adding blood to the teeth as we speak, have discoloured them a bit too as they were a little bit too white. Hopefully have an update later today.

# 96 29-09-2010 , 12:14 PM
Nice pose and render Dango, I was about to comment on the whiteness of the teeth but looks like your onto it. user added image

# 97 29-09-2010 , 02:20 PM
Cheers Speedy,

Yeah, the teeth were a bit much!

Done a bit more to him, not sure about the blood on the chin though, may be a bit much....

Attached Thumbnails
# 98 29-09-2010 , 04:25 PM
The thin red line
I know its wrong but I like the guy with the white teeth, as soon as I look at him Im drawn to this teeth and you know he is not human..................dave

# 99 29-09-2010 , 09:39 PM
Yeah, I do see what you mean Dave, I like the look of him with clean white teeth too.
Not really horrific enough though I guess. I'll just try out several versions, see which I'm happiest with before time runs out for the challenge and go with that! lol

# 100 01-10-2010 , 08:05 AM
Subscriber
looking interesting

is the hockey mask guy, the unsuspecting guy, and this vampire guy all in the same picture?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 101 01-10-2010 , 08:17 AM
Afraid not Chirone, that would be great, but I just don't have enough time to do much more. So the vampire guy on his own will be it I think.