Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 06-11-2015 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber

Hard surface Modeling 2015 Soft Selection

I'm on part 5 of the 2015 hard surface modeling tutorial. I can't seem to get the soft selection to work, even when I try replicating the settings I see the instructor use.user added image It should also be of note that I am using maya 2016 because I felt like there wasn't too big a difference between them.

# 2 06-11-2015 , 10:29 PM
SM Tea Boy
What is it about the soft selection you are having problems with? you should just need to hit the b key to enter soft selection mode, then change the falloff radius. Press and hold b click the center mouse button and drag the mouse to change the falloff.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 06-11-2015 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber
Thank you. This has solved my problem.