Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 11-10-2003 , 08:14 PM

Last edited by Zyk0tiK; 12-10-2003 at 01:49 PM.
# 17 11-10-2003 , 11:53 PM
lol

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 18 25-10-2003 , 06:41 AM
Is everyone going to be hosting there own or what?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 19 25-10-2003 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber
Hello there,
I will be using my own site, but thanks for the offer user added image! Checked your site out by the way.....Looks nice and crisp and clean!

# 20 25-10-2003 , 10:36 PM
Thanks man. If you guys like... ehh. you will LOVE my new one. hehe.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 21 26-10-2003 , 06:55 AM
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Mmmmmm, apples.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 22 26-10-2003 , 06:04 PM
I can also host if you need it.

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 23 27-10-2003 , 03:34 AM
host what if you need it? I am already hosting any movie files needed.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 24 29-10-2003 , 02:54 PM
Subscriber
Well, Ultragames, might need to take you up on that hosting, mine is down and don't know when it's going to be resolved.... Help. My total file size is 2.60MB.

# 25 01-11-2003 , 03:44 AM
The last day, and not one email.....

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 26 01-11-2003 , 03:52 AM
Subscriber
Its not looking like to many have finished their ani yet user added image and thanx, that was really awesome that you offered the services man!

# 27 01-11-2003 , 11:18 AM
Subscriber
Looks like only four entries all together and I was looking forward to seeing more. 3D Gurl had to drop out which was unfortunate, Zyk0tiK did too.

It's a shame, I see a lot of great modeling and texturing on this website but not a lot of animation. Maya is one of the leading 3D animation packages out there but there don't seem to be too much of it going on here...

Forgive me if I am wrong! Are people scared of animating? Take up the challenge, don't matter what you produce you gotta start somewhere - you can only get better! I would love to see more flicks on this website.

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 28 01-11-2003 , 11:42 AM
Subscriber

Sheepish non-competitor...

I'm with you there gazzamataz... it's a pretty big step tho from modeling to animating and if you are new to maya and building, rigging and texturing your own models to animate - which I think everyone did - well that's a huge process. Also it's a lot easier to animate with a pro rig than a newbie rig.

A suggestion: a month is just enough time to finish a little animation when you have other things to do - if people were to use a rig like IK Joe or if there were a couple of rigged models on site to use... (there are models I know but are they rigged? Hm - forgive me I do not know this info...) then people could concentrate on the animation. I do belive that was allowed this time but if more people took advantage... user added image

I'd offer a model and a rig myself but I fear my rigs are not good enough yet.

Still for those who want to model, rig, texture, do everything, that is of course still an option.

BUT - Action speaks louder than words - I promise to compete in the next animation competition!

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 29 01-11-2003 , 04:23 PM
Subscriber

Are people scared of animating? Take up the challenge, don't matter what you produce you gotta start somewhere

I simply didn't have time to finish because of rl commitments. Sometimes after a very busy day at work one doesn't want to sit at the PC and learn things in Maya to avoid being called a coward by you. I think you need to grasp the fact that some people have other things to do which can actually impinge on doing things in Maya. I usually finish challenges, this time I ran out of time. It happens; that's real life.

I was sorry not to finish something, as I don't usually drop out, but I did learn a lot of useful things and have a small animation to work on as another project which I shall bung up in WIP at some point. In that sense this has been a worthwhile challenge for me even if I don't have anything to put in the finished folder.

Is it a shame that more people didn't finish? Yes. Do I think they are all big scardey cats for not doing so? No.

# 30 01-11-2003 , 08:09 PM
Subscriber
I for one, have not finished challenges in the past (I also am a huge scardey cat)

For me this is a hobby (an important one for me) but it isn’t my entire life. If the real world comes calling I will answer that before booting up Maya.

This was an advanced challenge- learning rigging in itself is tough, and then having to learn how to animate on top of it added to the complexity of the challenge.

My post was meant to thank UltraG for his generosity and I think maybe I started something bad by saying people hadn’t finished. I didn’t mean to criticize anyone for that and I apologize for starting this mess.