Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-11-2006 , 04:48 PM
Subscriber

Control Icon

How do I create a Control Icon for a joint? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Open your eyes... Someone or something powerful created these creatures, these draconians... This is a war of conquest... This is the portent of the fallen stars... We face a foe who seeks, at the very least, to enslave us, or perhaps destroy us completely.
# 2 09-11-2006 , 05:51 PM
Control icon? as in a controller in your 3d Workspace or in the user interface?
Describe what you want.

# 3 09-11-2006 , 07:02 PM
Senior Software Developer
Are you talkin about an IK handle or a null or similar, to control a rig.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 14-11-2006 , 01:35 PM
Subscriber
If you download the Generi Rig, which can be found at:

https://andrewsilke.com/generi_rig/generi_rig.html

there are little symbols automaticly attached to the perspective camera. When you click on those symbols, they select the joint it symbolizes. What I am wondering is how do I create those for my own models?

Open your eyes... Someone or something powerful created these creatures, these draconians... This is a war of conquest... This is the portent of the fallen stars... We face a foe who seeks, at the very least, to enslave us, or perhaps destroy us completely.
# 5 14-11-2006 , 02:32 PM
on the same page that you posted for us, further down is this text:

-- The Trigger UI --
The trigger UI is a bunch of nurbs surfaces parented to the camera - these surfaces are the triggers for selecting the character controls. When you select a trigger the corresponding puppet control is selected on the character. You can move and scale the trigger icons by clicking the x's. The transparency of the icons can be set on the centre of gravity control (cog_ctrl). If you don't like them you can switch them off completely in the layer bar.

To switch the UI to a different perspective camera create a shortcut with the following command:

asSwitchUICam;

Make sure the correct scripts are installed for the Trigger Interface to work.

If you would like to create your own triggers you can do so with the trigger script. Use the following command as a shelf button, hotkey or type the command in the command line:

zooTriggered;

after that you're either on your own or i hand you over to the mel scripting gods on this site

Accept no substitutions.