Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-12-2006 , 02:16 AM
Subscriber

Restore settings?

I have a directx exporter plug in which was working reasonably well until I altered some of the settings in the pop up export window. Now that window no longer pops up when i export. How can I restore it so that the plug in starts a fresh? I have unloaded the plugin/ deleted it and replaced it in the plug in directory though it is still not changing. Are there some hidden preferencial settings i need to restore?

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 06-12-2006 , 02:42 AM
Subscriber
You _may_ find the offending file somewhere in the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\enhzflep\My Documents\maya\7.0\prefs

Obviously, enhzflep won't be a part of your path, but you get the idea. There's 8 files in my case,

userColors
userNamedCommands
userRGBColors
windowPrefs
pluginPrefs
userHotkeys
userPrefs
&
userRunTimeCommands

They're all a bit sparse to be honest, pluginPrefs is vry short - 4 lines or so. My first port of call would be userPrefs.

just look for the name of the plugin, I guess.
Remove all refference to it in the file, OR copy the file to another location before deleting it from this dir. Then fire up maya again and see what hapens.

Simon..

# 3 06-12-2006 , 01:34 PM
Subscriber
Hmmm...tried that but it's still the same :headbang: Think ill re install maya and see if that sorts it though I can't see it.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.