Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-12-2007 , 11:43 PM

part of model

I have found a free model of a dinosour (mayaAscii file .ma) that i want to use. From this model i need only the head.
I tried to delete the rest of the body. With no result.
Is there a tutorial how to do this?

Thanks

Pvol

# 2 24-12-2007 , 01:38 AM
Subscriber
is it rigged or just the geometry?

If it's just the geom' then you should just be able to delete the faces below the head.

If it's the rig as well, which I'm guessing it is, you will need to detach the head skeleton from the rest of the rig. You can do this by going into the Hypergraph and moving the joint (possibly one of the neck joints) out of the joint hierarchy.

I can't explain it at the mo as am off out but if you need more help I shall message later.

Cheers,

Chris

# 3 24-12-2007 , 08:10 AM
Hello Chris,

in the hypergraph window i found the display of the Neck.
The help says that i have to delete the connection in the dependency graph view.
When selected al the other joints, i cant delete them.

The problem is that i only have limited access to maya on campas. So that i don't have much time to figure it out.

Thanks

Pvol