Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-04-2008 , 11:55 AM

primitives in maya 08

does anyone know if there is and if so how to set maya 2008 so that when you make a primitive it will auto make as 1,1,1 scale and at origin like maya pre 8.0 does?

# 2 14-04-2008 , 01:56 PM
look into turning off interactive placement (or something like that, i've only got 7.0 so i'm going on what i remember seeing in the forums)

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 14-04-2008 , 02:07 PM
thanks that was the trick

# 4 14-04-2008 , 08:37 PM
Senior Software Developer
Interactive Placement was introduced into Maya 8 (or 8.5), when Autodesk released their first version. This is a 3D Studio Max feature and most sole maya users do not like (I dont), and it created a lot of turmoil as ppl started thinking that it could spell the end of Maya, as they are integrating Max features, like the X Y Z in the top right of the menu bar in Maya 8.5/2008.

Its all relative, i dont like it, but i know a few here do. So its the first thing turned off when maya is installed. I think it was Autodesk putting their mark on the newly aquired software. But its not all been bad, look at the Nucleus system, Very Nice user added image

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 15-04-2008 , 05:06 AM
i know i have been avoiding moving beyond maya 7.0 till now b/c i cannot stand the ui for max and all the little changes they put in maya 8 and above that are just like max bugs me to no end, though i decided to give in and give it a try and see if i can't get over them at least for the bennies of 2008 like ncloth