Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-01-2003 , 01:38 AM

newbie question

Hi everyone. Happy New year.
I have just migrated from 3d max and was wondering if anyone knew of any tutorials to help me create `toon` characters? Myself and my wife are starting to create illustrated childrens books. She is doing the stories and i am doing the illustrations. Any help would be gratefully received.
Many thanks in advance.

# 2 03-01-2003 , 02:00 AM
The Maya Mountain
I would think such a thing would be more along the lines of drawing out your ideas. I suppose you could take a look at my recent project "Toon Mike" which is a toon version of me. :p

You can start at www.mtmckinley.net/cg_toon1.jpg and go all the way to www.mtmckinley.net/cg_toon63.jpg I think. user added image Just change the number at the end.

The first 5 or 6 images are drawings of different ideas.