Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 76 13-06-2003 , 05:20 PM
Subscriber
I think people only raised it because the criteria said no cars. But it seems to me that was done to stop people slapping a few 'extreme' accessories on a basic car model, which is not what you are doing, therefore your model seems to fit the criteria pretty well. I don't think people were wrong to raise it though as although you are clearly head and shoulders over most of us in terms of modelling the rules still have to apply to you and I am not sure someone else's model would have have been seen as within the criteria.

# 77 17-06-2003 , 06:33 PM
Witchy thanks for your commets. M replied on my thread and said that he thought that it was within the criteria of te competition because it is being modeled for a specific extreme enviorment. I don't want to break the rules, and I defiently don't want to be allowed to be in the competition if I am breaking the rules, just because people think that I am ok at modeling. So, hope everyhting is ok, and I agree that bringing it up was a good idea, I just wanted to ask M becuase he is the moderator of the challenge section. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 78 01-07-2003 , 02:25 AM
Subscriber
arg its the 30th already! Darn, im so sorry guys.. i totally forgot that today was the last day of the month. The results for this months challenge will be posted tommorow morning in my time when i get back from some work i have to do. I was gone all day, and came back for a few minutes. I will be posting the results in the anouncements area tommorow.. and then i will be starting up the new challenge tommorow as well user added image.

Keep in mind that I live in PST (-8 GMT). So when i get back on a computer in the morning.. It could be almost nighttime there for you. Hopefully for most of you, i should have the results by nighttime tommorow. For me it will be before noon (Y).

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com